We would respectfully ask that ALL adults read this safety notice before your children are allowed to play.
A. Manic minors is a Soft Play Centre & Party Venue for families with children up to the age of 10 years.
All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult, who must remain within the building at all times. The play equipment is to be used by children only and are designed for children under the age of 10. Adults are not permitted into or onto the play equipment other than to remove a child.
Manic minors will not accept responsibility for the supervision of children. Parents / guardians must:
• Accept full responsibility to supervise their children at all times
• Observe their children to ensure that they are capable of using the equipment safely
• Explain these rules of play to the children and monitor their behaviour
• Sign in their children in and out of the premises. Manic minors operates are magnetic door however this is not a substitute for supervision and children must be supervised at all times. Children must be supervised in any toilet or communal area and in line of sight of a paret/guardian at all times.
B. In the interest of child protection reasons we have CCTV in operation around the building.
C. To ensure a safe and healthy environment the following rules must be followed at all times:
• Children who are unwell, or who have been unwell, must not visit the centre for at least 48 hours
• No smoking or use of fire within the play centre (with the only exception being birthday candles)
• No climbing on the external play structure, furniture, barriers or netted walls
• Chewing Gum is strictly prohibited
• Fighting, bullying, disruptive, destructive or unsuitable behaviour towards our Staff, management, children or other members of the public, from either children or adults, will not be tolerated under any circumstances
• Any food debris which falls on the floor is picked/wiped up as soon as possible, and report any spillages, accidents or damage to a member of staff immediately
• Nappy changing and the use of potties etc. must be conducted in either toilets or baby change facility's, and all used nappies need to be disposed of in the bins provided
• Report all accidents to a member of staff, to ensure that we can provide any necessary assistance and minimise the potential of reoccurrence. These will be logged and are an important part of on-going safety audits
D. Before entering the play areas, you are reminded in the interests of Health, Safety & Hygiene, adults must ensure themselves and children they are responsible for:
• Remove shoes / footwear
• ANYONE ON THE PLAY EQUIPMENT MUST WEAR SOCKS AT ALL TIMES
• Remove all valuables and sharp objects i.e. Jewellery, badges, watches, money, buckles, pens
• Take care when wearing spectacles or glasses
• Girls with long hair are advised to tie it up before entering the play equipment
• Use the toilet and wash their hands
• Do not climb the slides, or play in front of the slide exits, children must go one at a time on the slides (no piggybacking) arms must be tucked in.
• Wear appropriate clothing, ideally legs and arms should be covered to minimise the risk of personal injury
• Tuck in clothes and remove clothes with ropes or cords
• Follow the equipment guidelines and age recommendations, in place for the safely and enjoyment of all children
• Do not take food or drink on to any of the play equipment at any time
• Shoes must be worn in the go kart area
• Children must wait for the go karts to stop before exiting or entering the track area
• Children must go in the direction of the arrow on the go kart track or will be asked to leave
• No bumping on the go karts
• The manic minor staff control the power to the go karts and will switch them off if the rules aren't adhered to
E. We cannot accept liability for any lost or stolen property and any valuables must be given to their parents to look after.
F. Play is restricted to 2 hours during peak times. Overstay of an enforced play time limit will result in an overstay charge which must be paid in full on leaving the building. There is a designated under 5 area for children under the age of 5. Children under the age of 5 must not use the main frame. The main frame is designed for children between the ages of 5 and 10 years old. It is your responsibility to ensure children use the appropriate equipment and to supervise children at all times.
G. Only food or drink purchased from our café may be consumed on the premises. However, it is permitted to bring food and drink for babies under 1 year.
Manic minor staff are on hand to maximise your children's enjoyment, they are not however a replacement for parental supervision. Parents/Guardians should note that every consideration has been given to the safety of children using the play centre, therefore if these rules are not adhered to you will be asked to leave the premise. Adults are not permitted to enter the play frames or use the equipment under any circumstances.
Manic Minors Management reserve the right to refuse admission, and by signing in you are accepting the Rules of Play
Any damage caused by a child/parent or guardian the parent/guardian is fully liable for any damage caused and associated legal costs in recovery of that damage.
Cars are left at our car park at your own risk. We do not accept any risk or damage to vehicles or belongings. The gates on our premises are locked at 6pm.
BOUNCY CASTLE USE
1) The age limit is 8 and under. Please ensure no-one over this age uses the equipment.
DO’S AND DON’TS
2) NO food or drink. NO sweets or sticky stuff.
3) NO shoes. NO sharp objects, eg, badges, large earrings, necklaces etc. NO glasses/spectacles.
4) NO party-poppers, coloured streamers or "silly string".
5) NO smoking ON OR NEAR the equipment.
6) NO climbing, hanging, sitting on the walls or roof of the inflatable.
7) FACEPAINTS must be professional grade (eg, Snazaroo) and should be DRY before use of the equipment.
The maximum number of users is clearly displayed on a certificate attached to the side of the inflatable. It is the job of the supervising adult to ensure that the inflatable is not overcrowded and limit the numbers depending on the age and size of the users. If the users are colliding into each other then it is too crowded.
Users must not bounce on the front step of the inflatable. The step is there to help users get on and off. Anyone who is pregnant or with a history of back or neck problems should not use the inflatable.
Do not allow users to be on the unit during inflation or deflation. In the event of unexpected deflation, the supervising adult should quickly and calmly assist all users to exit the inflatable. There is plenty of time for this and other adults should NOT run on to the inflatable to assist as this will increase the likelihood of injury.
The equipment MUST NOT BE USED WHEN WET
DISCLAIMER Please note that all persons using this inflatable do so at their own risk.
These guidelines are for the safety of all people using this equipment, and it is the sole responsibility of the parent/carer to ensure they are adhered to. We cannot accept any responsibility for any injury caused to anyone using this equipment.
We can accept no liability for injuries sustained or any other loss, howsoever caused, in the absence of the negligence of us or its employees.
The rules of play as published on our website take precedence over any previous or written rules of play at our premises as they are updated from time to time.
Updated February 2020